Hear Dr. TamizhMani present at the 2nd PV Performance Modeling Symposium
This 2 day symposium/workshop provides professionals with information on advances in modeling, on pathways to reducing variability in model input and output, and on opportunities for standardizing modeling practice and reducing project risk.
Dr. TamizhMani will be speaking on May 1st at 3:00pm on “Performance Matrices per IEC 61853 standards: Their Importance for the Energy Estimation Models.” His presentation is based on the works performed at Arizona State University and TUV Rheinland PTL.
He will cover the following topics:
- Scope and objectives of the newly developed IEC 61853-1 standard
- Generation of performance matrices using IEC and Sandia methods
- Importance of these matrices for the energy estimation models used by the industry
- Scope and objectives of the DRAFT IEC 61853-2 standard
- Influence of angle of incidence (AOI) on the performance of PV modules
- Importance of AOI influence for the energy estimation models used by the industry
DETAILS ON THE EVENT:
Wed., May 1-- Thurs. May 2, 2013
The Biltmore Hotel
2151 Laurelwood Road, Santa Clara, CA
May 1--2, 2013
Dr. Mani TamizhMani, President of TUV Rheinland Photovoltaic Testing Lab (PTL) from Tempe AR, will be a presenter. TUV Rheinland is a global leader in testing, inspection, and certification, covering a wide range of testing services, including solar PV. Dr. Mani has over 30 years of experience in solar PV, and is a member of various standards developing organizations. He has published more than 40 peer papers in journals and speaks at numerous national and international conferences.